All of us are always a bit shy looking at Citrix Synergy: What will it bring? Well, this time, Citrix comes up with brand new names for all products. It’s the first time Citrix is renaming the product. Until now the mane resisted all renaming by marketing departement.
Citrix aquired NetScaler back in 2005. The original company “NetScaler” was founded by Michel K Susai in 1997.
It’s nothing less but the biggest name change of all time in Citrix history.
I currently don’t know the upcoming name for Citrix Receiver (was Receiver, Plugin for Hosted Applications, Plugin, Citrix Client and many, many more)
So which names will we have to deal with in future?
There is a white paper about name changes. All products will get renamed. There are three fields of products:
- Citrix Content Collaboration (was ShareFile)
- Citrix Entpoint Management (was XenMobile)
- Citrix Secure Browsing (was XenApp secure Browser)
- Citrix Hypervisor (was XenServer)
- Citrix App Layering
- Citrix Virtual Apps (was XenApp)
- Citrix Virtual Desktops (was XenDesktop)
- Citrix Endpoint Management
- Citrix Secure Mail
- Citrix Secure Web
- Citrix ADC (was NetScaler ADC – “NetScaler“)
- Citrix SD-WAN (was WanScaeler, Cloudbridge, SD-WAN, NetScaler SD-WAN)
- Citrix Web App Firewall (was NetScaler App Firewall, NetScaler App Security)
- Citrix Gateway (was NetScaler Unified Gateway)
- Citrix Application Delivery Management (was NetScaler MAS, MAS, NMAS)
- Citrix Secure Web Gateway (was NetScaler Secure Web Gateway)
- Citrix Intelligent Traffic Management (Cedexis Plattform)
- Citrix Analytics for Networking
- Citrix Analytics for Workspaces
So we see: Everything is less difficult than it was before. We will clearly understand each other during our conversations through out the next some years. We have to be happy!